Blessin's from Pedrito

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Philippines Journal 2007 #16

Today was out outing day. It began at the Fishport with the Annual Tuna Festival. Before we left the States we received an official letter from the mayor’s office inviting us to this special event. They had reserved seats for us on the wharf to watch the boating competition, and in the big-tuna area to watch another competition. The largest tuna caught today was 69 kilos. A few years ago the largest was 280 kilos! Then they had the lifting competition. The winner lifted a 35 kilo (about 80 lbs) tuna for one minute and 57 seconds. Two of our team attempted and did superbly: Keith held it for 45 seconds, and Emmanuel held it for one minute and 12 seconds! They were interviewed on TV, as well as others from our team. We should be on the evening news tonight.

We next went to Polomolok where the Motzev’s are speaking each evening. They put on a feast for us there! I understand that there are approximately 250 just from that area that will be baptized on Sabbath in the mass baptism. We then went to the large Dole plantation and processing plant. We were not allowed to take photos in the plant; but the ones of the fields and the reaping, as well as the group photo by their 24-hole golf course are memorable.

Tonight I spoke on “The Women in My Life.” I told them that I really want to talk about a very special woman. But to get there I took them on a journey highlighting (all with PowerPoint) the women in the Spiritual Life and Mission Department, my mother, wife, daughter, granddaughter, and sister. But none of those were the woman. I then introduced them to the woman that my mother introduced me to from babyhood, and who shaped my life significantly: Ellen G. White. But after describing her life and ministry, I emphasized that her goal was to bring people to Christ. So the bottom-line of my presentation was not “That Woman,” but “That Man.”

Right now while I’m writing this the rain is falling heavily outside so everybody has stayed behind listening to a concert by a super good group that came to present the special music tonight. The music has been so exceptional every night. It is an evangelist dream. God has blessed. The crowd was exceptionally large tonight as well. And the amount that came up for healing was also significant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home