Asia Journal ’26 - #18
Today was a deep cultural experience – old and new. We visited the national museum. The exhibit of the Bengal tiger brought back some great memories of High School days in the early 1960s. I was a regular patron of the Kingston and St. Andrew Parish Library (on Tom Redcam Drive near Cross Roads) where I read every safari adventure book about tigers in India. Today’s visit to the museum was eye opening and gave me a good overview this country.
Then we hit the streets for lunch and attempt to get an uber. No success. We finally got on a bus and got out of old Dhaka. I loved the cultural experience of living and moving like a Bangladeshi. It is hard to explain how crowded it is. This country is the size of Iowa (or Illinois). But it’s population is half the size of the entire USA!!! I tried a new fruit: Burmese grape. Looks like guinep, but is more like lychee..jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home