Asia Journal ’26 - #12
This morning I worshipped at another Church of North India (CNI) whose background isCongregational. The first thing that struck me was that the organ they had for worship was a pump organ that seemed like it was 100 years old. However, I was happily surprised to see that the service began with an Indian “Song Service” led by the lady on the organ and other Indian instruments! In the interview with the minister afterwards I was delighted that his philosophy fits in the direction of my research, and we will continue to have conversations. The highlight of the day, and maybe of the trip, was getting to play the
organ. The last time I played one of these was at Rollington Town church (Kingston, Jamaica) in the early 1960s as an earliteen. It was my foray into playing organ for church. When the church recognized my budding abilities, they purchased a Balwin electronic organ. The rest is history! Today as I pumped that old organ it brought back very special memories and emotions!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home