Blessin's from Pedrito

Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Asia Journal ’26 - #8

 

This morning I interviewed 2 local pastors. They brought a couple different perspectives that will be

helpful in my research. For lunch Pastor Biswajit took me to little restaurant to enjoy real Bengali food. It was delicious. But the highlight of the day was going to Kalighat to meet Rachel Davies’ roommate when they were there in 2005. Those who know Rachel, ask her to tell their story. Meeting Sis. Mia Noel, talking with her, and seeing her interacting with those destitute patients was such a Jesus-experience.

Matthew 25:31ff came alive in real time: “Inasmuch as you have done it…” Of course, I couldn’t help myself, I had to call Rachel in Australia. That just topped off my day! Biswajit then took me to the Victoria Palace. Colonialism and its artifacts give me mixed feelings. However, the quote by the queen buoyed my spirits. I continue to be amazed by the traffic and the driving (cars, trucks, cycles and things of all kinds – motor and not motor). Hats off to the deft navigation by all!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home